Violent Crimes And Capital Crimes
Experienced and Aggressive Representation for Major Felony Charges
When the presumptive sentence for a crime is many years in prison, you need a legal team with the proven capacity to mount an authentic, sound defense. The prosecution will not fold a weak case or negotiate a favorable plea, regardless of your innocence, unless there is the credible threat of losing at trial.
At the Fort Lauderdale law firm of Dutko & Kroll, P.A., you are represented by courtroom veterans who have prevailed in major felony trials, including death penalty cases. Regardless of the charges and whatever your predicament, we are confident we can defeat the allegations or mitigate the penalties.
Highly-sought Violent Crimes Defense Attorneys
Our criminal defense attorneys are sought because of our demonstrated results in tough cases. We welcome complex cases involving serious felony charges, including the following:
- First-degree murder and capital offenses
- Second-degree murder or manslaughter
- DUI manslaughter or vehicular homicide
- Rape or sexual battery
- Aggravated assault
- Armed robbery
- Drug smuggling and drug trafficking
- Weapons offenses
- RICO crimes and conspiracies
- Major frauds and white collar crimes
Major Felony Defense By Former Broward County Prosecutors
All of our lawyers have served as assistant state attorneys in Florida's 17th Judicial Circuit (Broward County), and one of our partners began his career as a Fort Lauderdale police officer and detective. We use our insights into the state and federal criminal justice systems of South Florida to strategize the best possible defense.
We are familiar with firearms enhancements and other crimes subject to mandatory minimum prison terms under the 10/20/life sentencing guidelines. We have helped clients avoid capital punishment or life sentences, shave years off their sentences or escape conviction altogether.
Our success is due not only to our courtroom skills but our meticulous preparation for trial. Prosecutors and law enforcement officials often acknowledge that our investigation is more thorough than the government's case despite all their clout and manpower.
Practice Areas In Brief:
- White collar crimes — We provide a sophisticated defense for fraud and financial crimes, including mortgage fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud and embezzlement.
- RICO Act — We defend people charged with criminal conspiracy and racketeering crimes connected to organized crime such as money laundering, bribery, extortion or obstruction of justice.
- Violent crimes and major felonies — Our lawyers have tried cases of capital offenses, murder and manslaughter, aggravated assault, sex offenses and other felony crimes punishable by long prison sentences.
- Other misdemeanor and felony crimes — We provide a vigorous defense no matter what the charges, including DUI, drug possession, theft, domestic violence or other offenses.
- Administrative law and professional license defense — We are among the few firms that represent professionals on criminal charges and in disciplinary or licensing board proceedings.
- Election law violations and ethics complaints — We represent political candidates and elected officials accused of campaign law violations, bribery, misuse of funds and other misconduct.
- Appeals and post-conviction relief — Our lawyers can appeal your conviction or overly harsh sentence. We have handled precedent-setting cases.