Felony And Misdemeanor Cases
Skilled Criminal Defense For Fort Lauderdale And South Florida
The law firm of Dutko & Kroll, P.A. is known for handling complex criminal cases involving major felonies such as fraud, racketeering or murder. However, we believe that everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense, and we routinely represent clients accused of lesser felony or misdemeanor crimes.
Any criminal charges can have an adverse impact on your freedom, your career or your future. We take every case seriously, and we take the same thorough approach to investigating the facts and strategizing your defense.
Experienced Criminal Defense, With A Unique Perspective
Our criminal defense lawyers include former prosecutors and a former police officer, and they have more than 100 years of combined experience. Dutko & Kroll, P.A. are eminently qualified to protect you no matter what the allegations.
- Drunk driving (DUI) (criminal charges and license hearings)
- Drug possession
- Assault and battery
- Domestic violence and protective order violations
- Prescription fraud (pill mills, forged prescription, doctor shopping)
- Theft or burglary
- Embezzlement or employee theft
- Internet sex crimes or solicitation of prostitution
- White collar crimes
- Violent crimes
Anyone, From Any Walk Of Life, Can Become A Criminal Defendant
Many of our clients are business owners, professionals, public officials, and other prominent and respected members of their communities who cannot afford the scandal and collateral consequences of jail time, community service, driver's license suspension, professional license sanctions, mandated drug or alcohol treatment, or other fallout from a conviction.
We make every effort to resolve these cases out of court without formal charges, or to mitigate the charges and the penalties in negotiations, court proceedings and sentencing. We always prepare for the possibility of going to trial, which gives us additional leverage with the State Attorney or U.S. Attorney to work out a favorable resolution.
Practice Areas In Brief:
- White collar crimes — We provide a sophisticated defense for fraud and financial crimes, including mortgage fraud, tax fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud and embezzlement.
- RICO Act — We defend people charged with criminal conspiracy and racketeering crimes connected to organized crime such as money laundering, bribery, extortion or obstruction of justice.
- Violent crimes and major felonies — Our lawyers have tried cases of capital offenses, murder and manslaughter, aggravated assault, sex offenses and other felony crimes punishable by long prison sentences.
- Other misdemeanor and felony crimes — We provide a vigorous defense no matter what the charges, including DUI, drug possession, theft, domestic violence or other offenses.
- Administrative law and professional license defense — We are among the few firms that represent professionals on criminal charges and in disciplinary or licensing board proceedings.
- Election law violations and ethics complaints — We represent political candidates and elected officials accused of campaign law violations, bribery, misuse of funds and other misconduct.
- Appeals and post-conviction relief — Our lawyers can appeal your conviction or overly harsh sentence. We have handled precedent-setting cases.